MTA: Networking Fundamentals
All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for an TOTUM card
- Type : Online Course
- Duration : 6 Hours
- Access : 12 Months
- Awarded By : Microsoft
- Eligible to Apply : Yes
The training you'll undertake as part of the MTA: Network Fundamentals course will prepare you for the Microsoft exam 98-366– an entry-level credential from Microsoft.
Students who are beginning studies in technology need a strong foundation in the basics before moving on to more advanced technology courses and certification programs. The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is Microsoft’s newest suite of technology certification exams that validate fundamental knowledge needed to begin building a career using Microsoft technologies. This MTA Network Fundamentals course provides an appropriate entry point to a future career in technology and assumes some hands-on experience or training but does not assume on-the-job experience.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand Network Infrastructures
- Understand Network Hardware
- Understand Protocols and Services
Who is the target Audience?
- Anyone interested enhancing their networking and computer related skills
- Students looking to pass the MTA 98-366 Networking Fundamentals exam
Why study online?
Many students prefer online study to conventional classroom-based learning as it provides them with the freedom to learn at their own pace, and in an environment in which they are comfortable.
Online study material can also be viewed and revised as many times as the student needs, which contributes to long-term memory retention. These factors, in addition to the fact that online training courses are often more cost-effective than the on-site alternative, make online study an appealing option to students today.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone interested enhancing their networking and computer related skills.
- Students looking to pass the MTA 98-366 Networking Fundamentals exam.
By choosing online learning instead of a classroom based course, it eliminates the need for time away from work, saving you valuable time and money. It is ideal for those with tight schedules as our online courses give you 12 months unlimited access to all the course materials, so you can study at a pace that suits you. Allowing you to easily resume your studies whenever you have the time. All you need is internet connection to study, so you can study from the comfort of your home or any environment that suits you.
Course Assessment Process
You'll sit an exam at a local test centre. We provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you're fully prepared for the real thing. Once you've passed with at least 80%, you'll be able to book your exam as a private candidate.
- Microsoft: 98-366
To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you.
Please note that the exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. For more information on how to schedule your exams, please visit our exams and testing page
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 01707 828 751. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the MTA Networking Fundamentals certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Network Support Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- IT support Technician
- IT Support Engineer
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
- Lesson 1 Understanding Local Area Networking
- 02 Module 1 Examining Local Area Networks, Devices, and Data Transfer Part 1a
- 03 Module 1 Examining Local Area Networks, Devices, and Data Transfer Part 1b
- 04 Module 1 Examining Local Area Networks, Devices, and Data Transfer Part 1c
- 05 Module 1 Examining Local Area Networks, Devices, and Data Transfer Part 1d
- 06 Module 1 Examining Local Area Networks, Devices, and Data Transfer Part 1e
- 07 Module 1 Examining Local Area Networks, Devices, and Data Transfer Part 1f
- 08 Module 1 Identifying Network Topologies and Standards Part 2a
- 09 Module 1 Identifying Network Topologies and Standards Part 2b
- Lesson 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model
- 10 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1a
- 11 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1b
- 12 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1c
- 13 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1d
- 14 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1e
- 15 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1f
- 16 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1g
- 17 Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model Part 1h
- Lesson 3 Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
- 18 Module 3 Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks Part 1
- 19 Module 3 Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks Part 2
- Lesson 4 Understanding Internet Protocol
- 20 Module 4 Understanding Internet Protocol Part 1
- 21 Module 4 Understanding Internet Protocol Part 2
- Lesson 5 Implementing TCP IP in the Command Line
- 22 Module 5 Implementing TCPIP in the Command Line
- Lesson 7 Understanding Wide Area Networks
- 24 Module 7 Understanding Wide Area Networks Part 1
- 25 Module 7 Understanding Wide Area Networks Part 2
- Lesson 8 Defining Network Infrastructure and Network Security
- 26 Module 8 Defining Network Infrastructure and Network Security Part 1
- 27 Module 8 Defining Network Infrastructure and Network Security Part 2
- 28 Key takeaways Intro
- 29 Key takeaways Module 1 Understanding Local Area Networking
- 30 Key takeaways Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model
- 31 Key takeaways Module 3 Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
- 32 Key takeaways Module 4 Understanding Internet Protocol
- 33 Key takeaways Module 5 Implementing TCP IP in the Command Line
- 34 Key takeaways Module 6 Working with Networking Services
- 35 Key takeaways Module 7 Understanding Wide Area Networks
- 36 Key takeaways Module 8 Defining Network Infrastructure and Network Security
- 37 Terms to Know Intro
- 38 Terms to know Module 1 Understanding Local Area Networking
- 39 Terms to know Module 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model
- 40 Terms to know Module 3 Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
- 41 Terms to know Module 4 Understanding Internet Protocol
- 42 Terms to know Module 5 Implementing TCP IP in the Command Line
- 43 Terms to know Module 6 Working with Networking Services
- 44 Terms to know Module 7 Understanding Wide Area Networks
- 45 Terms to know Module 8 Defining Network Infrastructure and Network Security
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
EBooks and Practice Labs
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.