CompTIA Security+ Course
All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for an XO student discount card.
- Type : Online Course
- Duration : 21 Hours
- Access : 12 Months
- Awarded By : CompTIA
- Eligible to Apply : Yes
Use code MTA50 in checkout to purchase the CompTIA Security+ course for just £97.50
**Offer ends 15th June 2020**
This CompTIA Security+ course offers invaluable preparation for the latest CompTIA security Exam SY0-501.
Students will learn how to handle threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities using industry-standard tools and technologies, while understanding the role of architecture and design. From everyday tasks like identity and access management to complex topics like risk management and cryptography, this course helps you consolidate your knowledge base in preparation for the Security+ exam.
We use real life examples to illustrate how these processes play out in real-world scenarios, allowing you to immediately translate essential concepts to on-the-job application.
This CompTIA security+ course covers security concerns from both a professional setting and on a personal level. Topics are covered from a ground up perspective to ensure inexperienced students have a clear understanding of the course content. We expand beyond the scope of the CompTIA certification exam SY0-501 objectives to allow for real life application.
This course has been designed to align with the latest version of the CompTIA security exam.
- Master essential security technologies, tools, and tasks
- Understand how Security+ concepts are applied in the real world
- Test your knowledge along the way with practice questions
To an employer, the CompTIA Security+ certification proves that you have the knowledge base and skill set to secure applications, devices, and networks; analyse and respond to threats; participate in risk mitigation, and so much more. As data threats loom larger every day, the demand for qualified security professionals will only continue to grow. If you're ready to take the first step toward a rewarding IT security career, this CompTIA Security+ course is ideal for a thorough exam preparation.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01707 828 751 to make an enquiry.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at individuals and teams looking to learn more about IT security and prepare for the latest CompTIA security Exam SY0-501.
Our online course is a cost-effective and successful approach for many individuals and teams. It provides a flexible learning method, allowing candidates to schedule learning at a time that suits them and fits in with other commitments; ideal for those who find it difficult to take time away from their workplace. It also allows candidates to work at their own pace, and revisit sections of the course as often as needed, leading to a fuller understanding of all the topics covered.
In addition, there are none of the high costs of travel and accommodation associated with courses at an external venue.
Course Assessment Process
To earn your official Security+ certification from CompTIA, you will need to study the CompTIA Security+ training course and pass the compulsory CompTIA Security+ exam.
- CompTIA SY0-501
To prepare you for your exam, we provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you’re fully prepared for the real thing. Once you’ve passed with at least 85%, you’ll be ready to book your exam as a private candidate. To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place.
Please note that the CompTIA exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you. For more information on how to schedule your exams, please visit our schedule my exams page.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 01707 828 751. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the CompTIA Security+ certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Internet Security Specialist
- IT Compliance Specialist
- Network Administrator
- It Security Architect
- IT Manager
- IT Security Administrator
- IT Security Consultant
- IT Security Controls Manager
In these roles, the average salary you can earn is £32,500.00 per year (source: itjobswatch.co.uk, UK Only).
IT Jobs Watch provides a unique perspective on today's information technology job market. Their aim is to present a concise and accurate map of the prevailing UK IT job market conditions.
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
Getting a CompTIA certification will always help you stand out from the crowd, now and in the future - whether you're just starting out, developing your career, or changing direction entirely.
Research by e-Skills UK has shown that IT and telecommunications now employs 1 in 20 of the UK workforce. It also suggests the digital sector will need nearly 300,000 new recruits by 2020 to meet the demand for skills in this area.
Module 1 - Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Types Of Malware - Part 1
- 1.3 Types Of Malware - Part 2
- 1.4 Types Of Attacks - Part 1
- 1.5 Types Of Attacks - Part 2
- 1.6 Types Of Attacks - Part 3
- 1.7 Types Of Attacks - Part 4
- 1.8 Types Of Attacks - Part 5
- 1.9 Threat Actors - Part 1
- 1.10 Threat Actors - Part 2
- 1.11 Penetration Testing And Vulnerability Scanning - Part 1
- 1.12 Penetration Testing And Vulnerability Scanning - Part 2
- 1.13 Impact Of Vulnerabilities - Part 1
- 1.14 Impact Of Vulnerabilities - Part 2
Module 2 - Technologies and Tools
- 2.1 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 1
- 2.2 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 2
- 2.3 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 3
- 2.4 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 4
- 2.5 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 5
- 2.6 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 6
- 2.7 Security Assessment - Part 1
- 2.8 Security Assessment - Part 2
- 2.9 Troubleshooting Issues - Part 1
- 2.10 Troubleshooting Issues - Part 2
- 2.11 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 1
- 2.12 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 2
- 2.13 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 3
- 2.14 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 4
- 2.15 Secure Protocols - Part 1
- 2.16 Secure Protocols - Part 2
Module 3 - Architecture and Design
- 3.1 Secure Network Architecture - Part 1
- 3.2 Secure Network Architecture - Part 2
- 3.3 Secure System Designs - Part 1
- 3.4 Secure System Designs - Part 2
- 3.5 Secure Staging Deployment Concepts
- 3.6 Embedded Systems - Part 1
- 3.7 Embedded Systems - Part 2
- 3.8 Application Development And Deployment - Part 1
- 3.9 Application Development And Deployment - Part 2
- 3.10 Application Development And Deployment - Part 3
- 3.11 Physical Security Controls - Part 1
- 3.12 Physical Security Controls - Part 2
- 3.13 Physical Security Controls - Part 3
- 3.14 Cloud Virtualization - Part 1
- 3.15 Cloud Virtualization - Part 2
Module 4 - Identity and Access Management
- 4.1 Identity And Access Management - Part 1
- 4.2 Identity And Access Management - Part 2
- 4.3 Identity And Access Services - Part 1
- 4.4 Identity And Access Services - Part 2
- 4.5 Management Controls - Part 1
- 4.6 Management Controls - Part 2
- 4.7 Account Management Practices - Part 1
- 4.8 Account Management Practices - Part 2
- 4.9 Account Management Practices - Part 3
Module 5 - Risk Management
- 5.1 Organizational Security - Part 1
- 5.2 Organizational Security - Part 2
- 5.3 Business Impact Analysis Concepts - Part 1
- 5.4 Business Impact Analysis Concepts - Part 2
- 5.5 Risk Management - Part 1
- 5.6 Risk Management - Part 2
- 5.7 Incident Response Procedures - Part 1
- 5.8 Incident Response Procedures - Part 2
- 5.9 Forensics - Part 1
- 5.10 Forensics - Part 2
- 5.11 Disaster Recovery - Part 1
- 5.12 Disaster Recovery - Part 2
- 5.13 Types Of Control - Part 1
- 5.14 Types Of Control - Part 2
- 5.15 Data Security And Privacy Practices - Part 1
- 5.16 Data Security And Privacy Practices - Part 2
Module 6 - Cryptography and PKI
- 6.1 Cryptographic Basics - Part 1
- 6.2 Cryptographic Basics - Part 2
- 6.3 Cryptographic Basics - Part 3
- 6.4 Cryptographic Algorithms - Part 1
- 6.5 Cryptographic Algorithms - Part 2
- 6.6 Wireless Security - Part 1
- 6.7 Wireless Security - Part 2
- 6.8 Implementing PKI - Part 1
- 6.9 Implementing PKI - Part 2
- 6.10 Implementing PKI - Part 3
- 6.11 Conclusion
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
EBooks and Practice Labs
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.