Microsoft 70-680 TS: Configuring Windows 7
All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for an TOTUM card
- Type : Online Course
- Duration : 35 Hours
- Access : 12 Months
- Awarded By : Microsoft
- Eligible to Apply : Yes
Microsoft's Configuring Windows 7 course imparts the necessary skills and knowledge for deploying Windows 7, configuring hardware and its applications, mobile applications and network connectivity. Certified professionals can perform a clean installation of Windows 7 with confidence.
The course has been designed to give you real-world knowledge that you can put to use from day one. It's highly flexible, so you can set your own timetable and study at your own pace. You can start learning right away with an initial payment of £21.67 by using our 9 month interest-free payment plan.
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
*Please Note: The Microsoft 70-680 exam associated with this course has been retired by Microsoft. However, this course still retains value as a training resource. You will also receive a certificate of completion from us once you have completed your course*
Who is this course for?
Ideal for technicians whose job role involves configuring and installing Windows 7 as a standalone network or as a part of a Windows active directory domain in a larger environment.
By choosing online learning instead of a classroom based course, it eliminates the need for time away from work, saving you valuable time and money. It is ideal for those with tight schedules as our online courses give you 12 months unlimited access to all the course materials, so you can study at a pace that suits you. Allowing you to easily resume your studies whenever you have the time. All you need is internet connection to study, so you can study from the comfort of your home or any environment that suits you.
Course Assessment Process
You'll sit an exam at a local test centre. We provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you're fully prepared for the real thing. Once you've passed with at least 80%, you'll be able to book your exam as a private candidate.
To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you.
Please note that the exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. For more information on how to schedule your exams, please visit our exams and testing page.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 01707 828 751. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the Microsoft 70-680 TS: Configuring Windows 7 certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Desktop Support
- Windows 7 Specialist
- Windows Consultant
- Windows Administrator
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
Getting a Microsoft certification will always help you stand out from the crowd, now and in the future - whether you're just starting out, developing your career, or changing direction entirely.
Research by e-Skills UK has shown that IT and telecommunications now employs 1 in 20 of the UK workforce. It also suggests the digital sector will need nearly 300,000 new recruits by 2020 to meet the demand for skills in this area.
- 1.1 Course and Instructor Introduction
- 1.2 Introducing Windows 7 - Part 1
- 1.3 Introducing Windows 7- Part 2
- 1.4 PreInstallation Requirements- Part 1
- 1.5 PreInstallation Requirements- Part 2
- 1.6 Installing Windows 7- Part 1
- 1.7 Installing Windows 7- Part 2
- 1.8 Upgrading Windows 7
- 1.9 Migrating Windows 7
- 2.1 Overview of Image Based Installations- Part1
- 2.2 Overview of Image Based Installations- Part2
- 2.3 Overview of Image Based Installations Demo
- 2.4 Capturing System Images-Part1
- 2.5 Capturing System Images-Part2
- 2.6 Capturing System Images-Part3
- 2.7 Preparing Images for Deployment- Part1
- 2.8 Preparing Images for Deployment- Part2
- 2.9 Working with User State
- 2.10 Working with Virtual Drives
- 2.11 Activating Windows 7
- 3.1 Automating Management Using Group Policy-Part1
- 3.2 Automating Management Using Group Policy-Part2
- 3.3 Automating Management Using Group Policy-Part3
- 3.4 Using Windows Powershell 2.0- Part1
- 3.5 Using Windows Powershell 2.0- Part2
- 3.6 Using Windows Powershell 2.0- Part3\
- 4.1 Working with Device Drivers-Part1
- 4.2 Working with Device Drivers-Part2
- 4.3 Working with Hard Disks-Part1
- 4.4 Working with Hard Disks-Part2
- 4.5 Configuring Application Compatiblty
- 4.6 Configuring Internet Explorer-Part1
- 4.7 Configuring Internet Explorer-Part2
- 4.8 Configuring Application Restrictions
- 5.1 Configuring TCP/IP-Part1
- 5.2 Configuring TCP/IP-Part2
- 5.3 IP Address Assignment-Part1
- 5.4 IP Address Assignment-Part2
- 5.5 Name Resolution Services-Part1
- 5.6 Name Resolution Services-Part2
- 5.7 Wireless Networking-Part1
- 5.8 Wireless Networking-Part2
- 5.9 Remote Management
- 5.10 Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- 6.1 Authentication and Authorization
- 6.2 Managing Access to Files Using NTFS
- 6.3 Managing Sharing
- 6.4 Managing Shared Printers
- 6.5 Configuring Branch Cache
- 7.1 Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings-Part1
- 7.2 Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings-Part2
- 7.3 Configuring Remote Access-Part1
- 7.4 Configuring Remote Access-Part2
- 8.1 User Account Control
- 8.2 Encrypting File Systems
- 8.3 Bit Locker Drive Encryption-Part1
- 8.4 Bit Locker Drive Encryption-Part2
- 8.5 Network Access Protection
- 8.6 Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- 8.7 Configuring Anti-Malware
- 8.8 Auditing Network Access
- 9.1 Configuring Windows Updates
- 9.2 Event Monitoring
- 9.3 Performance Monitoring
- 10.1 Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- 10.2 Using Windows Backup
- 10.3 Using System Restore
- 10.4 Course Outro
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
EBooks and Practice Labs
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.